What personal information do we collect?
You may provide the following information to us in our stores and online:
- Personal and contact information, such as name, date of birth, email address, mobile / landline telephone number, home address, age.
- Employment and company contact information
- Payment information, such as first 6 and last 4 digits of credit or debit card information and billing address.
- Purchasing activity, product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product, family and lifestyle.
- Information you post: If you comment or otherwise provide information in a public space on one of our websites, we collect a record of it and any personal information included in the comment. For example, this may include posting a review of a product
- Information you provide through social media
- Other information you give us when you contact our customer services team, when you engage with our social media platform (for example by being a follower, clicking like, commenting, sending direct messages, tagging us in a post on Instagram, entering a contest or promotion), when you sign up for IKEA FAMILY membership or when you otherwise interact with us
- Information provided through the complaints channel.
When do we collect your personal information?
You share personal information with us in various ways. For example, we receive personal information when you:
- Purchase products and services from us in store, online, or over the phone
- Make a return or exchange
- Make a suggestion
- Make a complaint
- Make a complaint in the complaints channel
- Use our supervised children’s play area (“Småland”)
- Access to our mobile App (App Inspire)
- Use our in-store WiFi services or have your WiFi switched on in-store
- Create an online account
- Participate in surveys, giveaways, promotions or certain discounts/coupons
- Contact our customer services team in store, online or over the phone
- Provide us your contact information so we can respond to your questions or concerns submitted through the in-store “Help Us to Improve” function
- Submit an application for employment
- Interact with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
- Interact with our websites, such as when you visit our websites on a device, enable location-based features, or click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements on our websites or on other websites and online services
- Interact with emails we send you
- Fill out a product registration form
- Request a catalog or subscribe to our email list
- Visit stores: IKEA uses cameras in and around its stores for security and operational purposes. We may also retain an image of your likeness if you provide your picture to us
- Apply for an IKEA Visa® Credit Card
- Join our membership club or IKEA FAMILY loyalty program
- Sign up for mobile notifications regarding updates at your local IKEA store
- Participate in a contest, giveaways and/or activity, events organized by SARTON.
At this time, we do not track our users' personal information over time and across third-party websites. We therefore do not respond to browser Do Not Track signals.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for business purposes: to make our products and services available to you; to personalize your shopping experience; to improve our operations; and for security and legal reasons.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Processing and fulfilling orders online or in-stores, including by facilitating the delivery of product orders
- Communicating with you regarding purchases
- Providing you with services you request
- Responding to your questions and comments
- Measuring your customer satisfaction
- Providing you with marketing material via SMS, mail and email (with your consent where required by law)
- Analyzing shopping trends through account activity and purchase history to provide you a personalized browsing experience
- Sending IKEA members special promotions based on store spend or customer birthday
- Sending IKEA FAMILY members special promotions and offers
- Allowing you to create a profile on our websites and mobile app (App) which enables you to purchase IKEA products and services online without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us
- Ensuring that our websites and mobile app (App) are presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device, including setting default options for you such as language and store location
- Conducting checks for fraud or other illegal activity
- Protecting our rights or property (or those of others)
- Fulfilling our legal and compliance-related obligations (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency)
- Notification of campaigns or safety warnings
- Sending transactional messages
With whom do we share your personal information?
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
In order for us to provide our products and services to you, we share some of your personal information with trusted third-party service providers, with other members of the IKEA-brand corporate family, or with public authorities. For example:
- We use third party service providers to help with delivery, product assembly and installation, waste removal, processing payments, and other services. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our vendors and service providers.
- We may disclose your personal information to our insurers where we believe that it is required by law or contract or in cases where you have had an accident on our premises.
- We may share information with other members of the IKEA-brand corporate family to facilitate operations and business
- We may share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fraudulent activities, as well as in order to fulfill any legal or regulatory obligations
- We may share your personal information to comply with court orders and to exercise and/or defend our legal rights
- We may share your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets
- We may use your personal information with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law
We also disclose non-private, deidentified, aggregate or otherwise non-personal information with third parties, including social media companies like Facebook and Twitter, and online advertising companies like Google, to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services for marketing purposes. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message.
How do we protect the privacy of children?
IKEA does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children on IKEA websites or mobile applications. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue. SARTON's social media does not knowingly collect any personal information from children, therefore, if the USER is a child, he/she should not register, use SARTON's social media or provide any personal information.
How may you indicate your privacy preferences?
You can set your preferences in your online profile in our websites and apps.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing materials, you can unsubscribe through your profile. You can also click the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or text messages that automatically include the option.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is correct and up to date. If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for example, you may have changed your name or address) please update your profile.
If you have entered a do-not-call registry through a third party (public or private entity), you must also inform us to stop receiving marketing information from us.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your information secure and keep these measures under close review. We use encryption techniques and other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your information is protected and only accessible by personnel who need it to carry out their job responsibilities, or shared with third parties as described above. We implement physical controls in our buildings that restrict access to your personal information.
How long do we retain your information?
We will keep your information for a maximum of 10 years from the last purchase made by the user. This period will be renewed each time the user makes a purchase on our website. The reason is that some laws require us to keep your data in our databases.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
Rights of USER:
may only be exercised for information that is under the control of the RESPONSIBLE.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time
- Right of access, rectification, portability, and deletion of your data, and of limitation or opposition to its treatment
- Right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority
- if you consider that the treatment does not comply with the regulations in force
Links to Third-Party Websites and Additional conditions
About social media
Communication of data:
the information provided by the USER through SARTON's social media, including his/her personal data, can be published, always depending on the services that the USER uses, so it may be publicly available to other third party users of social media.
From the profile of each social media, the USER can configure what information he/she wants to make public in each case, view the permissions that have been granted, delete, or deactivate them, such as any third-party application that he/she no longer wishes to use. SARTON cannot modify your preferences. SARTON cannot change your preferences.
SARTON will not communicate your personal data to third parties outside the social media except, if it is essential for the development and execution of the purposes of the processing, to our service providers related to communications, with whom the RESPONSIBLE has signed confidentiality and data processor contracts required by current privacy regulations.
USE OF SARTON PROFILES
SARTON will be performing the following activities:
PUBLICATIONS OF THE USER
- Access to public profile information
- Publication in the USER's profile of all information already published in SARTON's social media.
- Send personal and individual messages through the social media channels
- Page status updates that will be posted on the USER's profile.
- The USER can always control their connections, delete content that is no longer interesting to them and restrict who they share their connections with by accessing their privacy settings.
The USER, once he/she is a follower or has joined the SARTON social media as a fan or equivalent, may publish comments, links, images, photographs or any other type of multimedia content supported by the same. The USER, in all cases, must be the owner of the content published, hold the copyright and intellectual property rights or have the consent of the third parties concerned.
The USER is expressly prohibited from publishing on SARTON's social media/profile, whether text, graphics, photographs, videos, etc. that violate or are likely to violate morals, ethics, good taste or decorum, and/or that infringe, violate or infringe intellectual or industrial property rights, the right to image or the law.
In particular, it is prohibited for the USER to publish photographs, videos or comments on SARTON products that are considered illegal or false, such as the use of the products for purposes not specified by SARTON, the modification/reconditioning of SARTON products for purposes not specified in the product data sheet or the use of the products in conjunction with products of other brands that are not owned by SARTON. The current legislation applicable to SARTON products must be complied with at all times.
In such cases, SARTON reserves the right to immediately delete the content, without prior notice, and may request the permanent blocking of the USER.
The USER must therefore bear in mind that his/her publications will be known to other users, and that he/she is primarily responsible for his/her privacy and the content of what he/she publishes, so that SARTON will not be held responsible for any publication by THE USER that may contravene current regulations, even if reference is made to SARTON products. In such cases, SARTON reserves the right to take any legal action it deems necessary against THE USER in order to defend the interests of both the company and the brand.
The images that may be published on social media will not be stored in any file by SARTON, but they will remain on the social media and may be used by SARTON by requesting authorization from the USER. The comments may be used by SARTON in the course of its daily work in an anonymized form.
PUBLICATIONS OF THE RESPONSIBLE
All content published by SARTON on its social media respects the industrial and intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks, copyrights of SARTON or third party owners.
Access to such content or elements through the services of SARTON's social media or other third parties authorized to publish our company's materials does not grant the user in any case the right of alteration, modification, exploitation, reproduction, distribution or public communication or any other right that corresponds to the holder of the affected right.
Therefore, it is expressly prohibited to modify, copy, reuse, exploit, reproduce, publicly communicate, transmit, use, process or distribute in any way all or part of the contents included in SARTON's profiles on social media for public or commercial purposes without the prior, express written authorization of SARTON. This prohibition does not include reposts mentioning SARTON or linking to the RESPONSIBLE person's profile on the network. In these cases, SARTON will not be responsible for the comments linked to the USER's post, and the USER assumes full responsibility, and SARTON reserves the right to take appropriate legal action in defense of its name, trademarks or interests and rights.
The contents of the Blog of our networks and that we link or post on our social media are also subject to the copyright policy stated. The use of SARTON's texts and photographs or videos on our networks in any media is also subject to copyright and prior authorization from SARTON under the terms set out above.
The RESPONSIBLE may agree with collaborators or influencers the development of content, products, or services, in which case, as sponsorship, it will be shown through the hashtag #advertising. In these cases, the rights to the photos or materials used will belong to SARTON without prejudice to the contract that exists between the parties. The third party must therefore request permission from SARTON to use them.
When no reference is made indicating that the material is sponsored, SARTON will not be considered to have any rights over it and therefore is not responsible, and may, if it considers it appropriate, initiate any actions it deems necessary to assert its image and trade name.
When no reference is made to the fact that the material is sponsored, SARTON shall not be considered to have any rights over it and therefore is not responsible, and may, if it deems it appropriate, initiate any necessary actions to assert its image and trade name.
In any case, the applicable ethical codes existing at the time of publication will be complied with.
At events sponsored by SARTON, photographs may be taken and subsequently uploaded to SARTON's social media profiles.
In this case, these images are published solely and exclusively for the purpose of informing about the activity carried out by SARTON. If any person considers himself/herself affected by the publication of his/her image and does not want it to be disseminated, he/she only needs to send an e-mail to the contact email address: email@example.com and we will immediately proceed to remove it.
It is strictly forbidden that these images are published, disseminated, propagated, or transmitted without the express authorization of SARTON, which reserves the right to take any legal action it deems appropriate to defend its name, trademarks or interests and rights.
DATA OF CHILDREN
Access to and registration through SARTON's social media is prohibited to children under 18 years old. SARTON is expressly exonerated from any liability that may arise from the use of social media by children under 18 years old.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH USER
SARTON may contact the fan or follower in social media through the private channel of the network. To do so, the user must take into account that SARTON has different proprietary brands and may receive information from and to any of them, being able to exercise their right to data protection as specified in this document.
Sarton Dominicana SAS’s Privacy Contacts
or by clicking on the following link: https://www.ikea.com.do/es/legal/derechos-acceso-rectificacion-cancelacion-datos
Data Protection and Applicable Legislation
Click link: https://www.ikea.com.do/es/legal/proteccion-de-datos